Entangled has become a working title for a project that I have recently been working on. I shared a couple of images on social media and received some encouraging feedback, and a few people asked to see some more of them. I personally feel that these images work better as a group, rather than as single images. This is why I have held off posting any more of them.
How the project started
A few weeks ago I met up with Darren Rose and he introduced me to Rammamere Heath. We walked around the heath and the surrounding woodland for a couple of hours, and I immediately felt that this was a place I could keep returning to. The heath has a good covering of heather (which is not that common in these parts), and the surrounding woodland also looked very nice.
Since that first visit with Darren, I have returned a few times mainly just to scout the area and get to know it better. On one of these mornings, I was walking around the heather on the heath trying to find a composition that worked well. I glanced down at a large cobweb that was covered in droplets of water from the rain during the night. I took a couple of shots of it and moved on to continue with my search.
Truth be told I didn’t find the shot I was looking for and reviewing the images later on only underlined the fact. But the shots of the cobweb seemed to look rather interesting. After some processing, I was really pleased with the results and thought I might be on to something. I returned to the heath a few days later to get some more images. Focusing on the leaves and seeds that have been caught in them. Since then I have been making regular trips to the heath, and concentrating on a small area of the heath. In fact, a majority of the images were taken using only four large cobwebs.
I plan to continue to keep visiting Rammamere Heath and the cobwebs, so the project will continue to grow. I visited this morning and everything was covered in dew. I saw that the heath was covered in plenty of other large cobwebs, which is good news as two of the four main cobwebs were damaged during the week, and they have not been repaired. I hope to concentrate a bit more on some images captured on film, which I think should work well. As for a book or something else, we will have to see.
The project currently contains around 60 images, but here is a smaller section of some of my favourites.